Hinchinbrook island
Posted by Stanoman on Oct 27 2003
I used to hunt Hinchinbrook every year. I flew out with Cordova air and it was always pretty reasonable. I always went around Thanksgiving and never saw a bear. By far the best area to hunt is the SE end of the island. The trouble is getting there. If you go in a plane you must land on the beach and tide + daylight that time of year is only good 5 days out of every 2 weeks (take extra food) I would see 20-30 deer per day on the farthest tip that faces the Gulf of Alaska. Weather can be downright miserable, but if you are looking to limit out this is your place.
I know other areas on the island are good, but personally don't hunt them due to hunting pressure. I like to hunt and not see any other hunters vs. having social hour in the forest because everybody can access a certain hunting area.
Good Luck
WOW - WHAT A THANKSGIVING IDEA!
No comments:
Post a Comment